Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Reason #36 my boys are so different

LO was a little over 13 months when we had his one year photos professionally taken.  The day of the photo shoot the photographer and I had some communication issues that resulted in LO and me waiting for about 40 minutes and wondering if pictures were indeed happening. That ended up being a good thing because LO, in those few minutes, finally decided he was ok with the feel of grass.  To that point he would not touch the stuff.  His discomfort with it kept him squarely situated on our picnic blanket every time we went to the park.  Since he wasn't walking yet, he was not about to crawl off onto the scratchy grass.

Fast forward almost two and a half years.  NB is still commando crawling, but I cannot keep him on a picnic blanket for anything.  His goal in life is to get off it at any cost.  Dragging his belly on the pebbled driveway? Check. Tasting pebble (cemented in place) driveway? Check. Eating grass and leaves? His favorite appetizer. Kicking through gravel and dirt? The best way to get to eat some.

At the same time my baby boy is aggressively attempting to shove gravel and dirt in his mouth, digging his clean footied heels into the dirt and smearing said dirt all over his freshly bathed face and hair, his big brother is hyperventilating because his pants are dusty.

In all fairness, sometimes LO loves to get dirty too, but it is never his mission as much as it seems to be NB's.  Sometimes we're all boy around here, sometimes we're just mostly boy.


2 comments:

  1. Then there was the time when in order to, hopefully, avoid going to an evening church service that I did not want to attend (I must have been around nine years old or so), I went outside not long before time to get dressed for church. Once outside I proceeded to scoop handfuls of rich black dirt and rub it all over myself and my clothes. My objective: get so dirty that I could not possibly get clean in time to leave for church. I think I succeeded, but uh the consequences (I had not considered that there might be consequences!)were such that I never pulled that stunt again. Yes, boys are special.....enjoy yours!!!
    Love,
    DB

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.