Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mama on a mission...baby on a mission

Last Friday I forgot my water bottle at home.  Nanny K had planned to take the boys out for the morning so she could be super nanny and help another mom in need.  I asked her to swing the bottle by on her way out and she did.  I had thought she'd call my office and ask someone to come retrieve my bottle, but she unloaded both boys instead.  Suddenly, unexpectedly, I had NB in my office and seized the opportunity to weigh him.  I weighed him not because I was worried about whether he was gaining weight, rather I was afraid I had been so gung-ho he might have been gaining too much.  See I am a really goal oriented person.  Dr H said give my baby more calories and we were not messing around after that!  For 10 days he had had 1/4 c whole milk yogurt, 1/2 of an avocado, and 1/4 c oatmeal cereal each with 1 tsp of flax oil in addition to his normal nursing.  I might have gone a little overboard.  Just 10 days after his last check-up, my little NB weighed 19 lbs 9 oz...nearly 2 pounds more.  Granted some of that was a wet cloth diaper, but I doubt it accounted for more than a pound.  Needless to say we're backing off a little, and we're all doing just fine.

In the meantime, NB has had some goals of his own.  They have not at all involved food or weight gain.


Guess we should bring out the baby gates again, huh?

1 comment:

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.