Here are a few quick funnies that have happened with or about our LO over the holidays:
1) We were visiting friends yesterday for a whirlwind play date. They were kind enough to get a little something for LO for Christmas. The mom reported that when she asked her son what he thought LO would like for Christmas, her son replied "Food!" Sam is LO's oldest play buddy and clearly knows our guy well.
2) Tonight LO was inspecting one of the Christmas cards we have displayed on a column in our living room. It was one from our accountant and has a snowy street scene depicted on the front. LO looked more closely at the card than he has any of the others we have posted. "Are there garbage cans on here?" he asked pointing to the card. It was hard for me to tell, but this boy is obsessed with garbage and garbage trucks right now and if there is a garbage can anywhere, he will find it!
3) LO was trying hard to be patient as I served up Christmas eve dinner. He recognized enough food to announce the we were "having Thanksgiving" because the menu was the same. He was licking his chops and following every move I made in our galley kitchen. Finally I started making his plate. "Mama, I just want to hug you right now!" he said as I spooned sweet potatoes onto his plate.
4) Nanny K taught LO the chorus to "Oh Susanna." There are few things I love more than the sound of my big boy singing to himself. He picked right up on this new song and made it his own..."Oh Susanna, oh don't you cry for me. Oh I come from Alabanjo with a banjo on my knee!"
I hope LO is game for an occasional duet!!!
ReplyDelete