Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween epilogue

So after I spent time analyzing how to handle LO and his Halloween candy stash, I just have to share the outcome.  I'm sure this will not always be the case, but it was better than I had imagined.  As planned, we told LO he could choose five pieces from his stash.  He could have one piece each night for dessert.  On the fifth night, the "Halloween fairy" would replace the remaining candy with a toy treat.

On the first night he enjoyed the watermelon sucker in the bath.  I hung the other four pieces in his trick-or-treat bag on the pantry, in plain view.  The following night and each night after he asked for dessert as usual.  When we asked what he wanted, he replied his usual, "crackers...peanut butter...bananas...not a slice of Da!" with a giggle. He never asked for the rest of the candy.

Last night was the fifth night and also the first night since the time change.  DH helped me set up the fairy gift by getting LO to bath early and letting him have bubbles.  I then delivered his trick-or-treat bag and told him the fairy had left him something.  Inside his bag were six florescent glow sticks.  He was underwhelmed at first, but then I showed him how they glowed when activated and we threw them in his bubble bath.  He wasn't sure he liked having the lights off, but ultimately spent about 45 minutes playing with them.  It was really pretty neat, especially when DH popped one of the sticks into the belly of his toy fish!  I didn't take any pictures because I didn't think they'd do it justice.  You'll have to use your imagination or leave your candy for the Halloween fairy! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.