LO and I spend a lot of time just the two of us. I like it that way, and, for now, he seems to too. Fridays are the exception to that when Nanny C spends the day with LO and I go pretend to go earn a living. When we hired Nanny C, (actually when we hired the first nanny...long story) I knew I would have to accept that there would inevitably be something LO would do first for her. There would be some "first" that I would see second. The thought of it made me sad, but better to face the fact ahead of time right? What I did not consider is that LO might, (and did, last Monday) after nearly a month of a-l-m-o-s-t rolling from back to tummy would finally do it for DH(!) while I was running an errand. Furthermore, LO would then a-l-m-o-s-t do it for me about 20 times when I got home, but not really. The nerve! I'm mostly joking of course. It was sweet for DH to be able to see it, and very likely even sweeter for him because he had a Daddy moment before me. LO did finally get a round to showing off his new skill to me. True to form though, he has yet to show it off for the camera. When he does, I promise to post it so you can all enjoy it.
**********************************
As a follow-up to the above "moment," DH and I walked in to LO's room Easter morning to find him sleeping for the first time on his tummy. We of course rushed to grab cameras and camcorders so LO could wake up to his own personal paparazzi. After 15 minutes of hub-bub over how adorable he looked with his sweet head resting on his hands, I noticed this:
"Beautiful" I thought, "Easter morning and our neighbors are going to call DFCS on us!" Apparently Lovie was out of reach during the night, and LO thought sucking on his arm was a good substitute.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.