Over lunch I opened all of my cards and my box while the boys looked on. If love delights in the joys of the beloved, then it was clear they love me by how eager they were for me to open each card and gift. Boo's teachers had helped him make a video for me that is precious. I can barely understand what he says in it, but it is darling nonetheless. One part says "Why do you think daddy married mommy?" Boo's response was "because he got lost." Gee, thanks buddy. "What do you want to tell mommy on Mother's Day?" "I like to write numbers." (he calls letters "numbers," so I think he means letters, not that he writes either yet). "What's your favorite thing to do with mom?" "Hugs," he said. That one might be dead on. Playing the playground and going to the park were also favorites mentioned. In addition he made me a shrink dink art piece that I think is supposed to be a key chain. At least that's where I've parked it. LO made everything about my gift. He decorated the wrapping paper, made the card, and the gift itself is a framed watercolor. I tried to save every piece of it. I finally opened the big box from DH to find a gorgeous dress that I've had my eye on for about a month now. I tried it on last Monday, and he somehow managed to find it in another store in my size, and have it shipped without my knowing and in time to wrap for me today. I can't wait to wear it. I think it's fantastic! More than that though, I love having a husband who went with me to see me try it (and about 100 other things) on, noticed what I loved, knew my size (it's not always the same), AND had the idea to buy it for me in time to pull off the surprise. I'll have my work cut out for me for Father's Day as this will be a tough act to follow.
After rest time, the boys and I went for a walk. I wanted to have a picture of my boys with me today, so I attempted some selfies. I have a dumb phone, so I tried with our regular camera. I don't really take selfies, and I had two monkeys making it extra challenging. Here are a few of our attempts:
| LO is hiding behind me |
Then we went on a little walk to visit a neighbor's yard and swing on the rope swing. No, these aren't my flowers...you know they'd be dead if they were.
From there it was all over except the bewitching hours....
Happy Mother's Day to women who have loved me well, and inspired me to be a better mom to these hooligans! Thanks to my mom and Toona for giving DH and me the best starts you could. We hope we bring honor to the work you have started in us. We love you!








Loved all the pictures! I love you too for being a wonderful wife to my son and a great mother to my grandsons. Thanks for sharing and as LO says "Happy Mother's Day!"
ReplyDelete