Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

We've moved!

For those of you out there (you know who you are...Ms. Jan!) who are oh-so-eager for a post from our new place, this one's for you.  It is incomplete and will not come close to covering our last ten days of adventure, but I hope it will make you smile and tide you over.  As I write this I am not unpacking boxes, wiping my ruined mascara from my cheeks, napping, or making my house presentable.  I am taking these few minutes while my sweet boys rest to share a couple of highlights.  Maybe I'll write more details one day soon, or maybe they will just have to live forever in my head and you all will have to come visit to hear about them.

Here's a message I sent yesterday to sum up our week:



Don’t have a lot of pics, but we are working hard at getting settled.  LO went to a local VBS all week and seemed to really have fun.  Our neighbors have a 7y,4y,and 2y olds with another on the way.  LO has made fast friends with them.  For his part, NB has really picked up on riding his bike and yesterday he got into some dirt that seemed to be calling his name.  Nanny K is here with us now for a few days while DH is in Augusta at work.  It has been such a joy and help to have her.  I am spending much of my time unpacking boxes, but have been able to walk LO to VBS each morning.  Pushing 100 lbs of boy+stroller is quite a work out!  Neighbors have been kind to bring meals and goodies, but I haven’t had much time to get to know them yet  since I am inside with the boxes.  I had a pre-construction meeting about the deck this morning and demo will start on that Monday.  The project will likely last all summer.  So...that’s been our week in a nutshell.  Thanks for being in touch and we miss y’all too!  G and his family may stop by this Sunday, but the guest room is otherwise wide open for the summer!

Nanny K came to visit Thursday afternoon through today (hence the ruined mascara..we miss you already!) and we had so much fun with her! The look on NB's face when she showed up at the house was priceless. She is, without a doubt, his favorite person in the whole world. (I'm third, if you are wondering.) With her "gone" and DH (second in line) working in Augusta, NB had been a bundle of nerves. I could not walk out of a room for a second without him crying "Mommy leave me!" He seemed afraid that I would disappear too. With K back in our lives for a few days, his world brightened considerably and I had the freedom to make progress in readying our new home. I cry all over again to think how he will miss her again in the coming days, but am so grateful for these last few days and the nearly five years she has shared with us. She promises to be back again soon and often so we are trying to just say "see you soon" even though it feels like "goodbye." In an effort to "look normal" for my boys after nap, I'll not go on about that here.

 So Thursday and Friday were productive enough unpacking days, that we took Saturday to enjoy some local fun. The boys started in their first gymnastics class here. LO's class is at the same time and place as one that I help NB through. I didn't get to see LO do much, but what I did see looked like fun. His class is less structured here, and I am trying to decide how long to let some things go and how much time to give them to be addressed. I am conscious just how much these first impressions matter both at the gym and in our new community. In any case, we enjoyed gym time, then headed off to a local park that has a carousel and splash fountain. The boys had great fun playing until time for lunch at a little vegan place. After naps at the house, we drove out to watch hang gliders launch off a mountain before dinner and calling it a day. Nanny K is always good for some great pics, and here are some from our fun time together:




NB hit the splash pad right away, but he wanted me with him.  I had not planned on getting wet, but managed to make it work.  Once he gained a little confidence, he had a blast!

Both boys loved sitting on the fountains.





So those are our highlights from our first week on the mountain. It's been a fun start to the summer. We hope yours is starting well too!

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me smile a lot. So happy to see the Nages having fun in the new Land of Nages. What an amazing place to live. Soon, DH will join you, the boxes will be unpacked and you'll feel settled. So happy for you. Hugs to all and thanks for taking the time from your busy schedule to post. We've missed our favorite boys.

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.