I have wanted to try this activity for some time, but never realized I had all the right ingredients on hand. I can't take credit for it, as I know I've seen it on a blog and pinterest. LO really excels in and, therefore enjoys, fine motor tasks. He threaded Cheerios and penne pasta on soba noodles for nearly 30 minutes. I really think he only ended the task because I thought I'd be nice and tell him he could eat three Cheerios when it was over if he didn't eat any while we were playing. Within about two minutes of that he said he was finished. When we'd cleaned up and he had eaten his three Cheerios, he wanted to play some more. Of course I knew that was why he said he was finished, but we are trying to teach him to say what he means the first time, so we kept this packed up for another day. Here are some pics; I just love his looks of concentration!





Was LO engrossed in that activity or what? It looks like great fun. Hats off the the blogger who shared the idea, to the mommy who made it happen, and to LO for having the capacity to enjoy and be fascinated by it.
ReplyDeleteLOve,
DB
Kudos to LO and his science lab.
ReplyDeleteLove, toona