Yes, I've used that title before. No, this isn't the same post. I think I might make it a bit of a series though. It is so interesting to me to get little peaks into LO's view of things that I'd like to post them when I can. This one can in the form of an Old Macdonald rendition. LO has been an Old Mac fan for quite some time now. Just a few days ago, he was singing it in a way that I imagine they sing it at his school.
LO: "Old Macdonald had a farm, EIEIO, and on that farm he had a what?"
me: dog, cat, cow, pig, goat, mouse, snake, duck, truck, etc.
I said everything I could think of that could possibly be on the farm, one verse after the other. LO would then continue the verse with the sound that animal/thing makes, then come around with another verse, and so on. (You remember how the song goes, right?)
LO: "with woof woof, here, and a woof, woof there. Here a woof, there a woof, everywhere a woof, woof."
Finally at a loss for farm inhabitants, I said:
me: mommy
LO: giggles, "with a la, la, la (high pitched notes) here, and a la, la, la there. Here a la, la, there a la, la, everywhere a la, la."
next verse:
me: daddy
LO: "with a la, la, here (low-pitched notes) and a la, la there. Here a la, there a la, everywhere a la, la."
next verse:
me: NB
LO: "with a (squeals and coos) here....
finally:
me: LO
LO: with a 'talk, talk' here and a 'talk, talk' there....
I cracked up. If you know LO, you know that could only have been more true if he had said "eat, eat."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.