Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

6 weeks

Well my little man, I think I can finally say, with cautious optimism, that you are an easy baby.  For the last several weeks I have been anticipating this time when babies usually get fussier and, at six weeks, usually are at their peak of fussiness.  While you have followed suit, you, my sweet baby boy, are so laid back that your fussiest days are better than many babies' easy ones.  In the last week your cry has gotten stronger, and, don't get me wrong, you do get fired up and use it. Still those times are brief and generally related to being tired or hungry.  I'm pleased to chalk this up to yet another pleasantly surprising way that you are unique.  Of course I'm still looking forward to you learning to sleep through the night and the resolution of your "fussy times" as your Dad and I call them.  Generally those start to resolve about the time babies learn to smile, and you seem to be breaking out a genuine "social" smile now.  Aunt L got to you break into several of them this afternoon...of course I managed to just miss most of them with the camera.  

While your big brother continues to struggle with sharing your Dad and me, he also still continues to be kind and gentle with you.  This afternoon he reminded me to give you"songs" while you slept in your swing.  He also eagerly joined in your photo session, and spontaneously held your hand.  While I intended for your weekly/monthly photos to be just you, I just couldn't resist including these of both of my boys holding hands, and of you being charmed by Aunt L. 

 I believe you weigh about 12 pounds now.  You were 11 lbs 8 oz for your surgery this past week, so if you haven't made it to 12, I'm certain it will only be a matter of a day or so.  As for your recovery, you seem barely aware of your tiny stitches and healing finger.  I gave you two doses of Tylenol in the day following surgery, but am not sure you needed them really.  Your Dad and I are so grateful you have done so well. 

Here are your latest pics with a little glimpse of your precious smile.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.