Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Highlights

LO had a very hard day today. It's quite possible he had more melt downs today than I have ever witnessed. Consequently, my day was also tough. In the midst of those, there were two moments worth remembering.

After LO had had about his fifth time out on our friend's front steps during our 45 minute visit there, I finally loaded him into the carseat. As I did, I noticed amongst the dried tears and boogies on his poor little face, he had what appeared to be rich soil on the corners of his mouth.

me: "Buddy, why do you have dirt on your mouth? Did you eat dirt?"
LO (proudly): "Yes! Ma'am!"
me (incredulous): "Umm, well was it yummy or yucky?"
LO: "Yummy!"

..........................................................

After nap LO was holding his own a little better. DH made it home early from work and it was the first fall-like day we've had in a long while. We headed to the park as a family. The park, which is normally fairly vacant, was full of big boys playing hard. Our little guy was at risk of getting run over, but he loves to watch the bigger boys play. After we'd been there a while, LO (who is quite the chatterbox these days) said "color." This seemed out of context for the playground.
"Color what buddy?" I asked.
"Color" he said again.
"Color what?"
"Colored boy!"
THUD! (the sound of my jaw hitting the ground)
Fortunately the boys' mom thought this was funny. I have NO IDEA where he has heard that phrase.

1 comment:

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.