Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

LO's Dr Seuss

LO has been requesting "Hop on Pop" repeatedly at nap and bedtime. The fun of Dr Seuss is in the rhymes and rhythm of his writing. Eventually LO will appreciate the silliness of the often nonsensical content, but I don't expect that now. I am, however, trying to show him that the words in his books describe the pictures on the pages. I also leave out some words and let him fill them in to keep him involved and make sure he's listening.

So two nights ago, "Hop on Pop" started something like this:
Me: "Up Pup, Pup is..."
LO: "up"
Me: "Pup Cup, pup in cup. Cup Pup, Cup on..."
LO: "doggy!"


1 comment:

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.