Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Construction, the silver lining

It seems like everywhere we need to go around our town there is construction. Just when they finished up the interstate, they shut down the parking by the gym for a new conference center. There was a construction detour around the hospital when LO was born, and just yesterday I saw more construction not a block away from that. Sure, it's nice when they finish. Yes, it's good for our economy. It's hard to remember that sometimes when I'm stuck in detours and delays. This summer, however, I think I've found the silver lining to all of that. LO LOVES construction vehicles. We read this cute book called "Tip, Tip, Dig,Dig" so we've now forgotten all the real names of the equipment. They are now "diggers" "rollers" "mixers", etc. Diggers are his favorite. So much so that if we don't have time to make it to the park after the gym, we just walk around back and sit and watch the diggers work. I am not kidding when I say that we have done this several times for at least 20 minutes each time! He know when we are near construction areas and starts asking for diggers. I find myself driving specifically toward those areas just to hear him get excited. Of course there are times (like Sundays) when the diggers are still. That's when we hear "digger MOVE!" Sometimes during the week we drive by several times to see if diggers are "off break" yet. I really never thought I'd search out construction zones, but motherhood is like that. It makes you do all sorts of crazy things and see them in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.