Dear DH,
Yesterday we celebrated our sixth year of marriage. Actually, I surprised you by celebrating two days early with a trip to Mexico and back! When our friends say they don't believe that, we can show them the pictures to prove it. It was fun to indulge my planned spontaneity, exciting to hear the chanting crowd (even if it was in spanish, and I ended up accidentally chanting obscenities) and neat to do something different. Thanks for six great years of putting up with all my quirks, of having patience when I don't, and loving me when I'm both super-lovable and not so much. We've officially been married longer than we dated, and I want to thank you for going the extra mile lately to make me feel like you'd like to date me all over again. I love you more than you could ever know.
Dear LO,
You turned 20 months on Friday when your Dad and I had only had 4 hours of sleep and were just trying to make it through the day. You let us know you felt slighted by pitching a colossal fit for 45 minutes that ended with you actually asking us to put you to bed. We felt a little abused and you were clearly exhausted. At 20 months you are better every day at telling us your needs, wants, and feelings. You make us laugh when you burp or have bumba and say "excuse you" and giggle. You are all boy. You ask to go outside all the time. You love the dirt and bugs. Last month you, without hesitation, picked up two dead cicadas and squooshed them in your hands. I'm just glad you didn't eat them. You love bubbles and try to blow your own. You love to swing and climb (with help.) You still love your books and music.
Dear FedEx,
Thanks for so speedily delivering my Athleta swimwear in time for me to actually feel a little sexy and feminine at the beach this week. Thanks for delivering it early enough that you didn't wake up LO for once.
Dear local farming CSA,
Your organic veggie and eggs deliveries make my day every time. You have made me work harder in the kitchen and have taught me about sour plums, pattypan squash, and cooking radishes. Thanks for giving me good food to feed my family.
Dear DH,
Tomorrow you turn over your pager to next year's chiefs. I say good riddance and YIPPEEE! Congrats on finishing one of the toughest, most thankless jobs you could have taken this year. Thank you to JW and NW, your partners in crime, for being the supportive compadres that I could not be. Let's run away together with the boy to the beach and be total bums!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.