Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day


In honor of DH today I thought I'd post some things that make LO a lot like his Dada. Many of these DH just commented on during our recent vacation. I know there will be many, many more things that I don't think to write, but rather than spending my time blogging I'd like to spend it celebrating and showing my appreciation to DH, so here are just a few.
1) LO has a ridiculous appetite. Actually I'm not sure that he's hungry as much as he just likes food. There's a difference that is becoming more apparent to me as I watch LO eat.
2) LO eats when it's time regardless of how recently and how much food he just finished. At the beach we went out to eat and he had A LOT. Two hours later he asked for lunch. When I asked DH what time it was, it was 11:00 (lunch time) on the nose!
3)LO loves middle eastern flavors. I often flavor his breakfast with cumin, he asks for hummus by name. He loved his Dada's fool recently. I do have to say that tabouleh is a little too green for him right now, but I'm sure he'll come around.
4)He sneezes when he moves into the sun. I tease DH that this is his "photo-achoo" reflex and used to kid him that he was crazy for thinking the sunlight makes him sneeze. Now that LO does it too, I don't think there is any denying it.
5)SPF 50=gorgeous tan. LO is darker than both of us put together right now in spite of our attempts to turn him white with sunscreen last week.
6)LO has his Dada's heart. It is big, generous, and way less discriminating than my own. (I mean that in a kind way) I am always being told how much DH's colleagues, friends, and acquaintances enjoy him. "He is just such a nice guy." or "It's a pleasure to talk/work/consult him." Those things make me so proud to be his wife. I hope LO learns more of that from him. I know I try to.

So Happy Father's Day to my honey, an awesome Dada with whom I'm proud to be in the trenches of toddlerhood. Thank you for being the Ying to my Yang, the sugar for my salt, the heart to my logic, and much, much more!

1 comment:

  1. Just have to add my "Happy Father's Day" to this post. I am so proud to have DH as the father of my grandson. Wouldn't change a thing about you DH...love you dearly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.