Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hello? and Burp

There were two cute things LO did today that I just wanted to record quickly. We were driving home from the beach (look for that post soon) and LO was exhausted. True to form he took about a 30 min nap in the car, then I had the next two hours to pull endless tricks out of my proverbial bag of treats to get us home without much of a meltdown. For the record, he did pretty well and I managed not to get too car sick. Anyway, I handed LO a calculator I had picked up at the dollar store thinking he'd like to push the buttons. I handed it to him and he was very excited. He hit a couple of buttons then put it straight to his ear..."hello?" he said. When he didn't get a response, he decided it must be a remote and called it such the rest of the way home.
................................
We aimed to get our tired boy down to sleep in his own bed early tonight. He was holding it together, but was clearly way past ready to go. We finished up bath and he tried to walk naked to his bed. I steered him back to the computer room where he gets diapered and pjs on every night. We all sang our night time songs and I began our usual routine of saying good night:
Me: "Say night-night to Daddy."
LO: "ni-ni"
Me: "Give Daddy a kiss."
LO: did not give kiss, but DH gave him one on the cheek
Me: "Tell Daddy 'love you."
LO: "wuv oo"
Me:"Give Daddy a night-night kiss"
LO: turned, leaned in to give DH a kiss, then "BURRRP" (the loudest burp I've ever heard him have, let loose about an inch from DH's face) "scuse you"

DH and I could not contain our laughter. It was a hilarious ending to a long and tiring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.