This weekend was my first away from LO. I left him to have boy time with DH. I was on a lake retreat with a group of 10 other girls. Most of them are five to ten years younger than me and at different places in their lives. Nevertheless, they are wonderful women whose fellowship I enjoyed and from whom I still learned about my marriage and myself. One shared this blog with the group. I think it is so nifty that I have added it to the bookmarks here. In the spirit of their letters, I offer the following:
My dear husband, thank you for showing genuine interest in trying "Tuesday questions" with me. I'm excited that we started them tonight. My sweet boy, this weekend I left you with your Dada for almost 48 hours. I love that you seemed closer with him when I came home today. Dear First Pres girls, thanks for letting me crash your retreat. Thanks for girl time. I wish we'd gotten more sleep! To my man, I loved seeing you sitting in the grass playing pat-a-cake with LO as I walked back from the car at the park this afternoon. I loved seeing him look to you for things he needed as much as he looks to me. The best part of my weekend though? Hearing you say that your time with LO this weekend was so sweet and "beyond words." I left this weekend looking so forward to "me" time, and came home realizing the greater gift was the time my guys spent with each other.
Dear DW,
ReplyDeleteYour last sentence should be used in a card by the Hallmark Card Company!
toona
Sweet thoughts from a grateful heart; you're a beauty through and through, honey! Lah-oo's times with her "Grace Gals" are invariably a blessing to her; so I know she'll relate to your weekend. So happy that DH is such a loving husband and dad!!! We love him for that; what a guy!!!
ReplyDelete