Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

To my Daddy

Dear Daddy,

Thank you for being my Daddy. Out of all the daddies I could have gotten, I am so glad I have you. Mommy says you are a natural. She says even when you tell her to do things that sound silly to her, they always work. That means you are good at taking care of me. Mommy also says you help her all the time and do so many things that she probably doesn't even remember to say thank you for them all. Today we want to say thank you for all the stuff we missed.

My favorite part of you having you as a daddy is when we play together. I love it when you hold me and fly me around, or make me swing into Mommy and say "wa-pow!" Mommy loves when you make up songs for me. So far your greatest hits are "the naked song," (lyrics: I like being naked, naked all the time. I like being naked, so I can see my own behind) the "going to bed song" (lyrics vary, but include: you are safe in Daddy's arms, it's time to sleep now little one), and Frere Jacque, the Daddy remix (frere jacque (roll the "r"), frere jacque, dor may voo, dor may voo, na, na,na, na ,na ,na (repeat), ding-dong-ding, repeat). Your singing and silliness always "neutralize me" (make me feel better) when I'm crunky (cranky).






Being a good daddy is a big job, but being my Daddy is sometimes an extra big job. Being my Daddy means:
1)you almost never sleep in because you help mommy get me up most mornings.
2) You do laundry all the time, including my fluff
3) you have to spray my poopy down the toilet
4) you never know if that warm wet spot is diaper, spit, or drool
5)you might get to take a nap or you might get to listen to me cry for an hour or two every day
6)you have to be as busy as I am to keep up with me
7)You have to love me AND Mommy, even when we are both acting crazy!

Of course it also means you get to be my Daddy forever-ever. I haven't figured out how to say "I love you" yet or give you kisses, but I promise to make up for that soon. For now, I will just call you and look for you every day. When you see that, know that I am trying to tell you "thank you for being the best daddy I could have! Mommy and I love you!"

Love,
LO

5 comments:

  1. So am I! Love you all, toona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaand now I just lost my second comment of the day. I give up. Happy Father's Day and I'll keep it at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! Very sweet, LO :)
    Happy Father's Day!
    April, Alan, and Sam

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.