Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Oasis

This week has felt especially crazy. We were out of town for Memorial Day weekend, so I had just 2 short days to get house and LO stuff in order before I returned to work. We also have some plans this weekend that required some prep during the week. We've simply had a week full of "life" stuff, as in "that's life." It's a good sort of crazy, but crazy nonetheless. DH and I both had very full days today, then DH ran to the store to get eggs so I could throw something together for dinner. He then had his first solo attempt (wildly successful) at bathing LO while I made said dinner. That was followed by his first solo attempt (successfulness yet to be determined) at making peaches for LO while I put LO down. Phew!

As an aside, DH bought ice cream at the store tonight because "we NEEDED it, it was either that or beer." Yep, it's been an ice cream kind of week. Then, in what felt to me to be divine intervention, LO let me rock him to sleep tonight. This has become a rarity in the last couple of months. He's just so busy now. But tonight, as my own little oasis at the end of a "we NEED ice cream kind of week," my baby boy laid his head on my chest and cooed as I sang him to sleep. I could have rocked him all night long. I stayed a little longer with him tonight, rocking, singing, breathing him in and being grateful for the gift that both my guys are in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I keep ice cream in the freezer at all times for nights like that! Glad you had a sweet moment to end the day :)

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.