Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day



My sweet son,

I want to take the time today to tell you how much I love being your mom. Taking care of you is at once the hardest and most rewarding thing I've done to date. Next to being your Daddy's wife, it's the thing I love most about my life right now. I know that one day I may have a Mother's Day that I want to spend doing something for myself, but on this first one all I want is to spend this gorgeous day loving on you and your Dad. Today I want you to know that I love everything about you. I love your coos and babbles. I love your soft touch on my arm or my face. I love that you love my bangs (especially when you are gentle with them). I love your toothless smile, your laugh, your dimples, your baby toes. I love your big eyes, your long eyelashes, your double chin and your little bottom. I love watching you discover things, figure things out and problem solve. I love how intensely you stare at me when I encourage you to make the "th" sound you've started lately. I love that you get excited when you see me, you kick your legs and lean towards me. I love that sometimes we aren't sure if it's you we're hearing or the doves and owls outside...you sound the same. I love that being your mom has made me more gentle, more flexible, and more loving to others. I hope that it has made me a better wife, daughter, and friend. I hope that one day you love being my son as much as I love being your mom.
Love,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. I love your words "from the heart" to LO and
    your DH. No body could have said it better than Mom Nages! Well Said! Bless you all. toona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! Lots of love to you all :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are taking the time to journalize your feelings. This will be invaluable to him when he is a parent himself one day. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.