Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

!!!!!!!!!!

It happens, I know it does. I didn't expect it to happen to my SEVEN month old! This should have been a clue, but I was busy playing single mom, battling rash issues, then traveling and recovering from travel and battling more rash issues, so I didn't think about it. Then this morning, my baby boy who has been sleeping so well (two hour naps morning and afternoon for the last week) woke up after only 90 minutes. I heard him talking, but thought I'd give him a chance to go back to sleep. He cried out a couple of times, but mostly talked to himself for about 30 minutes. At 11:30 naptime was over. I heard him cough a couple of times which I thought was strange. I waltzed into his room to find him looking something like this:

I say "something like this" because he actually had his feet in the air which meant I could better see that his diaper was half off. It also meant I could better see this:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Yes, that is exactly what you think it is on his sweet little heiny. Let me also point out a larger pile o' poo under his left elbow. Now notice that his left shirt sleeve is lighter than the rest of the shirt...that's because the ENTIRE rest of his shirt is soaked in pee. In addition poor innocent Lovey was also wet with who knows what.

Have you wondered yet why I have pictures of this? I'll tell you. I have pictures because as soon as I saw this I went into new mom what-the-heck-do-I-do-now mode. I was shocked, panicked, and felt such a mix of pity and frustration for my poor boy that I had to take a moment. During that moment, I also took a few pictures. Sorry sweet boy, I do not have any pictures of your first bath in the big bath tub because I did not have my camera with me by the time I got you there.

By the way, his cough has continued, and all I can think is "please God, tell me my son did not inhale his own poo!"

Please, mothers of little boys, tell me this IS normal for a 7 month old and not a sign that my sweet baby boy is going to excel at making more mischief than most! I cannot wait to get his little bum back into cloth.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I've dealt with many a poop issue in my life but never this one. I do however have a friend whose girls loved to tear off her diapers. She finally resorted to ducktaping the things:). Seriously...it worked.

    Hopefully this was merely a wardrobe malfunction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! LO still looks happy. toona

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Maybe he is trying to tell you he's ready for potty training?

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.