Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Strawberry Picking Time

I love strawberries.  When I was about LO's age (I think) my mom had a friend whose parents owned a strawberry farm.  This was back in the time before agri-tourism became so popular.  Dannie's parents let me pick on their farm.  In my memories I was allowed to eat sweet juicy strawberries from their field until my heart was content.  Fast forward almost 35 years and I have been eager to give my boys that same experience.  DH and I enjoyed many a fruit picking date when we were courting.  Apples in the fall, strawberries in the spring, blueberries even once in NC.  For the last few years I had thought of taking LO, but by the time he was old enough, NB wasn't.  I'm still not sure if I would have thought NB was old enough except I'm kind of in bucket list mode and I knew a group of people who were going.  It seemed to right time to let them play in the fields before we moved.  So tonight we did it.  Unfortunately DH was working, but Nanny K met me at the patch with the boys and was even able to stay for half the fun.  This is one time when I think the pictures tell the story, so here they are.  You may notice there was a lot of eating going on.  We did manage to fill our bucket eventually.



NB loves this shirt...I deemed it worthy of potential ruin with strawberry juice.  


NB found digging in the mud to be as much fun as eating the berries.









LO was so excited to see his buddy C

We met our friends "the E"s there


Love that juice running down his arm.

NB and his girl M were serious about eating.

Were those yummy berries M?

LO was being a bear I think.  This is a favorite pretend play for him lately.



Berry hands and a berry bucket 

Headed for a picnic dinner

These little hands worked extra hard to get this dirty

Nanny K and messy faced NB

Silly faces with Nanny K

one more try.
LO is already asking when we can go back.  Guess we'll need to find a field near our new house.  Before that we've got some berries to devour.  Yummmm!

1 comment:

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.