Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Nursing mom + pretend play =

****Advance warning if you have minor reading with you...candid anatomical toddler comment ahead!****

I had been asked recently if LO has been nursing his toys.  Until today he had not.  Out of nowhere, he set himself up with my nursing pillow.  He asked for "Lucas" and for my crocs (which I wear when I need to prop my feet on the edge of the coffee table while nursing). The only suggestion I made was to offer the burp cloth.  

He first asked Lucas if he wanted some milk, signing "milk" to him as I do with NB. Early on he raised his shirt, then casually offered "I don't have a boob, so he uses my belly."

 He was gentle and looked kindly at Lucas as he repositioned him.
Lucas only nursed on one side, then needed to burp.
LO then fished NB's old paci out of the nursing pillow pocket and offered it.  This is not part of my routine with NB, but maybe Lucas was fussy?  LO didn't mention it if he was. After he soothed Lucas with the paci, then he changed his poopy diaper and told me he needed to wash his hands.  This is the longest, most-elaborate pretend play I've seen LO do.  It was so interesting to see how he sees his brother and me.  I was tempted to climb on him or demand he read me a book as he does to me in real life, but he was being so sweet that I just didn't have the heart. 

2 comments:

  1. His expression is so intense. He really is concentrating on his caregiving. Yes, it is true: Our children learn by our examples. I am thankful that this LO has such good examples to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! This is so sweet! LO is so tender and loving :)

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.