The name of the game today was to stay out of the house as much as possible because DH had been up all night and needed to sleep. It took some planning and was a little tiring, but ended up being a pretty fun day. We were fortunate enough to not have any real agenda, so virtually every stop was something LO enjoyed. That generally goes over pretty well. Over the course of the day, LO spontaneously offered the following sweet words that melted my heart or made me laugh:
"I'm happy, Mama." (after leaving the pet store)
"That's yummy picnic, Mama." (eating lunch at the park)
(about the young man operating the concession window at the park)
"He going potty."
"No buddy, he's not going potty, he's working at the concession window"
(after we passed)
"He can go potty now...then Mama can clap for him and he can wear undies!"
singing nearly all the lyrics to "man song" (a.k.a, "I've been working on the railroad/Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah") and doing the hammering motions with his hands...all ten times it played on repeat in the car
"I love you, Mama." (from the back seat on the way to the store, and again as he used me like a jungle gym before dinner)
We finished up our night by reading most of the new books we chose at the library today. Several were about Moms and Dads leaving, but coming back (in preparation for our upcoming babymoon and my hospital stay for Newbie) and about baby/big brothers. I tried to hold it together while I read these, but they struck an emotional chord for me tonight. I don't think LO noticed, though he seemed to pay attention to the story lines. As I was feeling all tender about the coming weeks, I closed the last book and wound LO's giraffe to signal "bedtime." Once again out of nowhere came:
"I cannot kiss the gurlers (girls), Mama, 'cause they are outside."
and I had to laugh. That will have to be another talk for another day. In the meantime, guess I should warn the gurlers up the street that they may get kissed if they are in close enough proximity!
Hilarious....and touching.....can't wait to see you all again after lil' brother arrives....we miss you all tremendously, but treasure the blog postings....thank you for being so remarkable in so many different roles....we are blessed!!!
ReplyDeleteMoments like these are what makes it all worthwhile! Thank you for sharing them with us. Love you all, Mom
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet and funny! I could not stop laughing with you and enjoying every
ReplyDeleteword uttered by LO. He is so adorable. Can't wait to see you all. Love, toona