We have been running fast and furious in the land of Nages this month. I hate that it has been three weeks since my last post. That means I'll likely forget something adorable that I wanted to remember...somehow the hard stuff is just easier to recall. LO and I have been sick most of this time. While I am back to feeling 34 weeks pregnant, he is still coughing, snorting, and digging for "boogie-boogies" (as opposed to eye-boogies) every time I look at him. Unfortunately said digging is combined with having both hands in his mouth to gnaw on them as he's also getting his 2-year molars. It's a yucky combination, but that's where we are! So check back often, I hope to catch up on a few posts in the next few days.
I don't know if it's LO being two, or the various workers in the house who have wrought havoc with routine and are turning our guest room into nursery number two, or all this "baby brother" talk, or being sick, or...you get the idea...but LO has been particularly demanding this month. Being "needy" is nothing new, but ordering DH and me around is something to which we take exception. It starts from the first words out of LO's mouth every morning, "I want a banana, Mommy," to his last words at night "Mommy pick book" (then proceeding to say "no" until I "choose" the book he wants). It was getting old! Two year olds like to try out their independence, and be the boss of anyone, so we try to give him chances to make decisions, and even direct how we do things during play time. The rest of the time was out of control though. DH and I had talked about it, but didn't really have a plan. Then, to my delight, DH took it upon himself to teach LO to ask "May I have...?" We still have to prompt him often to say the phrase, and it is funny to hear how he asks for certain things. ("Mommy may I uppy you, please?" when he wants to be picked up). Now his requests are no fewer, but at least they are requests and not demands. That has made a huge difference. So kudos to DH for coming up with and implementing that one! Now if my approach to the whining could be just as effective, life could be peaceful again for a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.