Papa's house has a screened back door and the call of the outdoors was more than LO could bare. Fortunately when I was not up for walking in 90 degree humidity, Gramps was on the case. Sunday morning LO rocked his new shoes while walking all over the yard and pasture across the street. I wanted him to wear something cute for when my Aunt arrived and just had to laugh when LO insisted on sitting in the sand and wet grass repeatedly. He was covered in sand from head to toe by 9 am. We just don't get to have that kind of fun in our eight square feet of weeds at home! I kept expecting LO to tire from all the walking and exploring. Just when it seemed he never would, he sat his little bottom down and refused to move again. That was my cue to scoop him up and drive to Gram's lodging for reinforcements. We all had a good visit and headed home by Sunday afternoon. LO had another great car trip home. I only had to pant, howl, and bark like a dog for about 30 minutes to entertain him until we could find a place to stop for dinner! I think I entertained my mom as much as I did him.
Here are some pics of our time at Papa's. If you know my Papa's house, you know that some of these images are so classic. I'd bet every kid, grandkid, and great-grandkid has a picture or two at the same counter and the same back door. Thanks to my little village for all your help in getting LO and me down and back. I'm so glad we did it.
(Gramps taught LO to put his leg up on the couch to climb onto it. Guess we'll need to teach the difference between couches and counters.)
Papa shared his lime and strawberry pies, yummm!
LO was convinced there should be a doodle-doo around Papa's somewhere...Grannie Pearl dug one out just before we left.
He thought that was worth a kiss.
(If you're wondering where DH was, I wanted to give him the gift of 36 hours on his own. Every time I called him he was cleaning something and I had to remind him to do guy things...just another reason I love him so much!)
I am grateful for the time we had together. Thanks! I am sure it lifted Papa's spirit and Grannie Pearl is always such a gracious hostess...we had a wonderful time.
ReplyDelete