Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Mom Moments


I've spent so much blog time trying to play catch up that I'm behind on the new stuff. Here are a few new skills LO has picked up in the last two weeks:

1) A real hands-and-knees, big boy crawl. He started this around July 20th. At first he would go just a crawl or two, then back to his belly. Now he's on all fours most of the time. He likes to crawl while holding a toy or two, so often he is on his knees and forearms. That seems awkward to me, but seems to work for him.


2) Sitting up in his crib. He is finally able to get himself to a sitting position. I found this out when I found him sitting in his crib after a nap. He was almost sitting up on July 19th and definitely up on July 22nd. Now, when he doesn't want to nap, he sits up and cries for us for awhile. Then, he turns his mobile music box on and plays until we get him. Cute and less stressful, but no substitute for a nap little man!

3) Pulling up. He did his first on July 28. I'm embarrassed to say that he was pulling up on me and I missed it. For weeks he had been getting on one knee and then sitting back down. Last Wednesday I was letting him explore the living room while I tried to shovel down some yogurt before I nursed him. He, of course, wanted the yogurt cup, so I was playing "keep away." I felt his little hands on my legs and saw him go up on one knee then back down. I kept eating and when I looked down again he was standing up! I felt awful that I had missed it. I had been looking for it for WEEKS. The next time he did it was the following morning right before I left for work. I saw that one. Now he does it all the time, but hasn't seemed to master it in his crib.

4) Cruising? Just this morning I worked with him to get him from one section of his "jail" to the other. He actually walked his hands one bar at a time and moved his feet! He isn't walking along the bars on his own yet, but he seems to be getting the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.