It might be a guy thing, at least as respects boxes and sticks and toys made from things like rubber bands & clothes pins. Maybe girls like different things, but simple things sure are wonderful. If we're really blessed simples things will always be our favorites.
Gosh, although I can count the number of "store bought" toys that I had all through my childhood on probably both hands, I don't recall ever once regretting that I didn't have more "store bought" stuff. Sticks, a rubber ball, some rope or twine, a towel (had to have a superman cape, you know), nearby woods with reeds & vines & trees to climb kept me busy year after year. I imagine that before those things became my toys, boxes were pretty wonderful too.
What a joy to see LO exploring and to have those moments captured and shared!
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.
Adorable!
ReplyDeletetoona
Looks like I missed some of the fun after leaving this morning!
ReplyDeleteIt might be a guy thing, at least as respects boxes and sticks and toys made from things like rubber bands & clothes pins. Maybe girls like different things, but simple things sure are wonderful. If we're really blessed simples things will always be our favorites.
ReplyDeleteGosh, although I can count the number of "store bought" toys that I had all through my childhood on probably both hands, I don't recall ever once regretting that I didn't have more "store bought" stuff. Sticks, a rubber ball, some rope or twine, a towel (had to have a superman cape, you know), nearby woods with reeds & vines & trees to climb kept me busy year after year. I imagine that before those things became my toys, boxes were pretty wonderful too.
What a joy to see LO exploring and to have those moments captured and shared!
Love Ya'll,
DB
My girls liked playing in the tupperware drawer and the drawer that had wooden spoons and spatulas, etc. What great fun!
ReplyDelete