Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Only on the mountain

Last Wednesday we were getting ready for Kindermusik when I got a message from a good friend and mom to one of LO's best buddies.  Apparently they had a dead timber rattler in their fridge that had been shot at the boys' great-grandmother's house earlier in the week. Her husband was going to skin it in 15 minutes and we were invited to come see it if we had interest.  Of course I shooed the boys into the car a little faster, and that's how we found ourselves in the following pictures just 20 minutes later.  Boo walked right up and touched it before it was skinned.  They were also able to hear the rattle as I told them never to touch a snake that makes that sound.  Then E's dad said it never rattled before it was shot.  (creepy!) The dad also squeezed a whole bird from its stomach after it was dead.(Eeew!)  It's not every dad that will skin a rattlesnake (his first) before he goes to the office, or every boy who gets to see that at 9 am.  It was a pretty awesome experience, even if I am just a girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.