So it's a week late...but here are some photo highlights of our many Easter activities. LO had more egg hunts than I can count, not to mention the impromptu hunts he created himself. NB has learned all too early that plastic eggs hold sweets. He helped himself to some bunny marshmallows before I even knew they existed in some eggs from a public hunt. He later decided if they were empty, they were no fun. That made me a little sad. LO used to enjoy the eggs for what they are. He was at least three before he learned to be so jaded. By Easter afternoon (when it was finally warm and sunny), we found a certain bunny had hidden real eggs outside. LO and his friend G found most of them while NB preferred to mow the asphalt with his new mower. I was just grateful for some finally-gorgeous weather and the chance to enjoy it with my boys. Without further ado...Easter pics!
Easter Hunt at school. Dad had the honor of attending this year as I had to work.
 |
| LO racing to find eggs. His school bestie, Mia, to the right. |
 |
| Egg found! |
 |
| Apparently the eggs at eye-level were hard to see! |
 |
| LO's loot from school. Kudos to the teachers for filling with stickers, chalk, whistles, etc. |
Nanny K and Nanny J (K's friend who keeps my friend's children) took all the kiddos to a public egg hunt at a local church while DH and I were working. Here are pics after their fun with their buddies. It has been so fun that our boys get to see our friends' children and play together. I think they see each other more often than I get to see their moms!
 |
| Big kids in back: LO and C, little kid in front: NB and M |
 |
| Nanny J keeps kids from two families, here is H in the gumbo, while M swings in back. |
Egg dyeing at home. It was a cold, yucky Saturday before Easter and LO vowed to wear his PJs all day. He made it until about 2 pm when he got egg dye on them and they had to get washed.
 |
| Traditional solid color eggs first, |
 |
| my favorite, tie-dyed eggs last. |
Easter outfits! I was super excited that my boys were wearing matching blue seersucker pants. That's hard to do when you by consignment!
 |
| We are going to miss you Nanny K!!! |
Easter pails. I haven't bought nice baskets for the boys to reuse annually because we just didn't have the storage space for them. I saw these brightly colored pails and knew they'd be put to good use year round. Here NB is checking out what new things were left in his.
 |
| NB looking for plastic eggs in the house |
Finally real eggs, outside, on Easter afternoon. Happier boys after nap time were enjoying some sunshine with their friend from up the street.
 |
| LO and G looking for the last eggs. |
 |
| A common sight lately, cowboy lawn mower boy. |
 |
| Two egg-hunters and a "mow-mow" boy |
 |
| Mower boy's loot. |
Now that we are finishing up the last of the egg salad, it seems a little late to say, but hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
Thanks for the post & pix! The boys looked tres handsome in their Easter duds. That was quite a consignment coup for a smart shopping mom!
ReplyDeleteEaster was beautiful here; glad it was for you all!
I don't think this one will be ready for iTunes anytime soon, but the cowboy lawn mower moved me to verse, so think of the following to the tune of Home on the Range:
Mow mowing the lawn
Where cutting the grass starts at dawn
Where all through the day
The good neighbors will say
That mow boy will soon have such brawn!