We've done a number of neat Christmas-related activities this year that I have yet to share. Since we're three days away from that big day, I thought I'd better get started. Nothing too newsy here, just pics some happy (and sometimes not-so happy) boys in the Christmas spirit.
 |
| DH and I were excited to pick out our tree, but it was the day after we got back from Papa's and our two little guys still needed to catch-up on some sleep. This pic makes me laugh though; LO looks like he's NB secret service or something! |
 |
| Double checking the tree heights with Da. We were determined not to get one that was too big this year. |
 |
| Peek-a-boo! |
 |
| There's a smile! |
 |
| Lo was back to being all business as he helped wrap the tree. |
 |
| Roasted marshmallow treat... |
 |
| ...and they were still super thrilled to be there. DH and I at least enjoyed the tractor ride. |
 |
| This is what happens when you leave the tree undecorated for a week. LO got creative and began to decorate with his toys. |
 |
| Finally time to decorate! Christmas music? Check! Lights work? Check! |
 |
| Halloween shirt on? Check! |
 |
| Got the Christmas love for your brother? Check! |
 |
| NB took the ornaments off as quickly as the rest of us put them on. He put some back though... |
 |
| LO thought the tree needed a little serenading... |
 |
| so he played for the big reveal. |
Aunt Liz gave us a gingerbread house kit with tons of extra candy for decorations, so LO, DH, and I spent several days putting that together. This was the first time LO got into that kind of activity, so it was really fun!
 |
| It was all he could do to decorate with candy rather than eat it. Here he just had to smell it! |
 |
| LO could not wait to put the gingerbread men (Peeps) outside their house. |
After about a week, we noticed that the peppermint candies were disintegrating and oozing off the roof onto our table. Maybe the unseasonably warm weather was to blame, but it was time for the house to go. DH and I knew LO would be sad to say goodbye to it, so I thought perhaps letting him demolish it would be fun. He has enjoyed watching the demolition diggers nearby as they have taken down an apartment complex. We set him up with all the necessary tools, but it took him a while (and some tears) to get into it.
 |
| So long gingerbread house! |
On December 5th, I was able to chaperone my first school field trip with LO's class. They attended a local ballet school's performance called "Twas the Night Before Christmas." At an hour and a half long, I was impressed that the kids did so well sitting still. LO and his buddy K really seemed to enjoy it. I had lots of fun too. I don't have any pics from the performance, but here are a few of his class.
 |
| K and LO dancing in their seats while we waited for the show to start |
On December 16th LO and I had a special date to a Christmas concert. I don't have any pictures from our evening, but it was LO's first time seeing a live concert, and it was so neat to see him really get into the music. I loved that he was able to see so many different instruments being played. Some, like the mandolin, we had only read about in his books. About the fourth song in, LO started clapping and dancing in my lap. So neat. I won't soon forget the look of wonder (and sleepiness, we were out WAAAAY past bedtime) on his face as it was lit by the lights of the stage and the Christmas tree.
The next morning was his "Snowflake Show-off" at gymnastics. He was sleepy and a little weepy at first, but his teachers really worked with him and soon he was doing his thing. DH and Nanny K came to watch and we were all able to be right inside the gym with him, so we got some better pictures and some video. Here are some highlights:
 |
| Sideways bear walking |
 |
| "Bell hang" |
 |
| Walking backwards unassisted on the low beam |
 |
| Step-kick on the low beam |
 |
| Ms Sparky helping with a back roll |
 |
Ms Amy helping with a "handstand"
|
 |
| Autumn, Mary Davis, and LO checking out Frosty |
 |
| Ms Sparky, Kaylee, LO, Mary D, Autumn, and Ms Amy |
 |
| Nanny K and LO (mid-sentence) |
That about wraps up our last two weeks in pictures. Other than these festivities we've been sick, shopping, and NB thrown us for a major loop, but that deserves another post. We hope everyone else is slowing down enough to enjoy some family time this season. We love you!
Looks like lots of fun! Thanks for all the pix. Merry Christmas to all of you!
ReplyDelete