Our nightly routine includes getting LO dressed and diapered on the bed in the guest/computer (soon to be nursery) room. As such, we have the habit of using only the light of the computer screen saver for the few minutes we are in there. LO has gotten to where he really notices what is on the screen saver and usually chatters away about it with DH and me.
Last night there were beach scenes on the screen, perhaps of some deserted Caribbean island. LO went on about the beach, the sand, how he wants to walk in the water, how the fishies weren't eating, etc. Then he said "Man, der." "There's a man on the island?" I responded. "Yes!" he replied. "What's his name?" I played along. "Santa! Santa says 'Ho, Ho Merry Kissmas'" he said in all seriousness, then proceeded to chatter about Santa on the island.
Of note, I'm sure he learned about Santa at school, but it's the first we've talked about him at home. I guess LO has the inside scoop about where the man in red spends his down time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.