Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

"Oooo, ball in deh-uhr"

It's an evening ritual that I walk backwards and LO walks forwards out of the bathroom after bath each night.  I hold both of his hands and sing "You are my Sunshine" walking him into the computer room.  I started this once he was too big to carry and out of concern that he'd slip on the tiles floor (inevitably wet after his bath).  He has gotten to where he acts pretty silly during this walk, squatting down, putting his head between my legs, yammering away.  Well night before last, he was trying to walk on the tops of my feet, when he looked up and suddenly said "Oooo, ball in deh-uhr (there).  Ball please!"  I knew exactly what he meant, but DH hadn't heard.  He asked again, "ball please!?" and I just had to laugh...he was talking about my stomach!  I explained that it wasn't a ball, it was baby brother.  He was not convinced, even when I pulled up my shirt to show him my belly (and not a ball).  He has a long way to go in understanding this big/little brother thing, but I guess we're on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.