Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Best and Worst of 2010


It's that time of year when we all start to reflect a bit, get a little perspective on our past 12 months, and make plans for the next 12. We're no different in the Land of Nages, though I'd say if I've learned anything in the last year it's to not take my own plans too seriously. Who am I to make them anyway? Let me stop here before I really get started.

Here we present (without further pontification) our take on LO's best and worst moments of the year....

Top ten (and four bonus) LO moments of 2010

10a) watching LO learn, watching LO sleep, watching LO mimic us, just watching LO
10b) the first time we found LO in a different position in crib in the morning
10c) LO pulling to stand
10e) LO's first wave

9) finally having calm, quiet story time before bed

8) finally figuring out how to keep LO warm (and therefore happy) after bath (and all the other bath victories since)

7) exceeding expectations at the beach

6) LO resting his head on our chest before bed

5) the month of September (LO actually napped consistently and well for one whole month, it was blissful. I also spent this month remembering all his sweet baby moments and blogging faithfully. LO entertained himself well, was happy most of the time, we had no nanny issues. I could go on...it was a a great month.)

4) cooing after he sneezed

3) "dis" and "dat" pointing game

2) giving kisses

1) finding tickle spots and getting a belly laugh



Least favorite moments of 2010

Who needs a list of these? Any regular reader of this blog should be able to guess the category of moments we'd put on this list. I'm not recording them here for posterity. I do find it a little funny though, that when I asked DH his least favorite moment of the last year, he (without any prompting from me) said exactly the time I was thinking of. It was a week rather than a "moment," but I think it counts. If you can't guess, you can read about it here. As Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that!"

All of us in the Land of Nages hope that, when you reflect on your year, your favorite moments out number the hard ones. We wish you a healthy and peaceful New Year filled with the richness of great friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.