Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

So long "brek-sick"

I know it has been nearly a month, and a lot has happened in that time.  This is not the post for which my five faithful readers have waited, but that one will come.  In the meantime, I need to take a minuscule part of the blogosphere to mourn the passing of some sweetness. Some time in the last month, my Boo has learned to say "breakfast" correctly.  For all of his young (very) verbal life he has said "brek-sick."  LO has enjoyed correcting him now and again, but I never did.  I knew all too well that he'd out grow it eventually and then it would be gone.  This past week it happened.  Boo said "yummy breakfast mommy" and he actually said "breakfast."  I asked him to say it again and three times over without me pointing it out he said "breakfast."  Just like that "brek-sick" was gone.  It's off now in the foggy halls of my memory playing  sweetly with LO's toddlers words like "guhrler" and "squhrler."  Fortunately we still have "ice cream chocolate" (Boo's favorite) and I'm begging DH not to correct him on that. It might be the last toddler phrase this house hears for thirty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.