Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow!!!! 2014


We are navigating a new flavor of crazy in the Land of Nages.  NB is lately the handful and wildly expressive toddler we've seen coming for a long time.  LO is going though his own whatever.  Life is good.  We are blessed and grateful.  Many days are tough, though, and just not blog friendly.  So please pardon the dust that's settled on our little corner of the blogosphere.  I'm doing my best to keep up, but it may get more dusty before I get a handle on things.  This morning, however, in the midst of craziness, we woke to snow.  We just don't get snow in these parts.  I know, I've said that before and then we had a little twice the year after LO was born.  I am frankly shocked to be doing another snow post.  In the fifteen years DH and I have been in this town it has snowed three times...they just happened to have all been since the boys were born.  DH and I get so excited for them, but they haven't gotten the memo about how rare and amazing this stuff is.   I imagine in about three or four years, they'll be on board.  They were not on board at first this morning.  Maybe it's because they were hungry or tired or cold.  Hmmm, now that I think of it, not wonder they weren't on board.  Here are pics from our brief few minutes outside.  The snowman and I were the happiest...


 


 



Since playing outside in the snow was not a hit, I decided to bring it in.  DH needed to sleep, but we couldn't leave the house, so I hoped snow in the boys' bathroom would be fun and different. They didn't mind the cold snow so much when they were warm. 




 


 

I'll try to add meaningful caption tonight, but, right now, it's back to the crazies!  Hope everyone is safe and warm out there.

1 comment:

  1. Well DW, you get lots of credit for trying really hard to coax some expression of joy from tired, cranky boys. Bravo! Hope some R&R for everyone (especially DH) turns out to be good therapy! We had about the same amount of snow here. The kids (ages elementary through late middle school) have had great fun today sliding down the steep driveway across the street from us. Snow is a whole different level of fun (and driving challenge) when there are hills involved. Snow here was too powdery to even make a good snowball. Hopefully we'll get some more before springtime. Never thought I'd be saying that so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please help us keep our little ones safe and anonymous on the web by not mentioning our location or their names. All other nice comments are encouraged! Thank you.