We arrived just in time, but NB was having some tummy trouble, so he and DH were delayed by that. I walked in to find my little guy dressed in an indian costume amongst his other indian and pilgrim friends. That's when I remembered I had forgotten my camera! Fortunately K's mom and Nanny K came to the rescue. That was actually a double treat, because it meant I got to enjoy the whole performance. I excitedly watched LO file in and stand on the bleachers. He spotted me and gave me his bashful smile that just melts my heart. I was so proud and excited I nearly cried! Then they started singing their Thanksgiving songs and I just could not stop grinning. I grinned so hard my face hurt after just three songs. With that, they sang a blessing and we were all invited to eat from the feast arranged by LO's teachers. I had been eagerly anticipating this day almost as much as LO seemed to, but I found it even better than expected. That was especially true because we were able to share it as a whole family and with sweet friends. What a great way to start off our Thanksgiving holidays! We can't wait to have more of the same fellowship in the coming weeks.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
LO's Thanksgiving Feast at School
We arrived just in time, but NB was having some tummy trouble, so he and DH were delayed by that. I walked in to find my little guy dressed in an indian costume amongst his other indian and pilgrim friends. That's when I remembered I had forgotten my camera! Fortunately K's mom and Nanny K came to the rescue. That was actually a double treat, because it meant I got to enjoy the whole performance. I excitedly watched LO file in and stand on the bleachers. He spotted me and gave me his bashful smile that just melts my heart. I was so proud and excited I nearly cried! Then they started singing their Thanksgiving songs and I just could not stop grinning. I grinned so hard my face hurt after just three songs. With that, they sang a blessing and we were all invited to eat from the feast arranged by LO's teachers. I had been eagerly anticipating this day almost as much as LO seemed to, but I found it even better than expected. That was especially true because we were able to share it as a whole family and with sweet friends. What a great way to start off our Thanksgiving holidays! We can't wait to have more of the same fellowship in the coming weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like fun; glad it work out for the whole group!
ReplyDelete