Wednesday, July 15, 2009
My first foray into blogging
So I've been a blog stalker for a year or two. I have friends with pretty excellent blogs; I even stalk some blogs they follow that are by people I don't even know. Until now, though, I have not been a blogger. Maybe it's because I don't really think I have anything to say that anyone REALLY wants to read. Maybe it's because my plate has been full and I'm afraid to commit to something that requires regular attention. (ahem, other than LN, of course!) Maybe it's because DH and I have jobs that make people want to track us down when we aren't at work, and I'm afraid to have personal info floating around cyberspace. In fact, my mother always told me "they" were looking for children to sell into the South American white slave trade and THEY would love to have me if I gave them a chance. I definitely don't want LN headed to South America without me! (not that he could yet, but you get the point). In any case, I guess I've decided to table that laundry list of issues. I have seen my friends do a good job of maintaining their anonymity on their blogs, but still provide a place for family and friends to be in touch with their lives. DH and I have talked about how to keep people up to date when LN gets here, and this seems like a good option. So, without further ado...this is the new blog all about Little Nages. You will notice that we have changed our names and been vague about our location to protect the innocent. Please, if you link to us or post comments do the same. Over the coming week (sooner if my computer will behave), I will try to begin to post pics and regular updates. Let me know what you think or what you want to know. Maybe one day I'll get my excellent blogger friends to show me how to do neat things like change my template, post video, link to other pages, etc. For now, though, I'm sticking to the basics. I hope you like it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh...I am soooooo excited that you have a blog. Now I can see pictures of my soon-to-be new grandson. What a blessing that will be since I do not live next door! Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into this project. It will be SOOOOOOO worth it. I love you all.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that I'm quite excited you have decided to keep up with a blog. We don't see or talk to each other nearly enough and especially if you guys are moving away as soon as you have LO I have to be able to keep up! Oh my gosh! When he starts "talking" I have to talk to him on the phone. OTher than Hany of course, I totally just called dibs! Sorry mom! ;p
ReplyDeleteVery cute and very informative and very impressive. Of course I am extremely biased, but make no apology for that. Now the concept of anonymity in a blog seems exciting in a cloak-n-dagger sort of way; a neat concept (would your Mrs. S approve of my use of punctuation?). I'm thinking that with a modest amount of attention I should be able to protect DH's, LO's, and your (we do need a pseudonym for you, no?) anonymity a least as well as the federal government does at keeping state secrets (for your sakes I hope I do a lot better job).
ReplyDeleteAnyway I seriously enjoyed your first two blog entries and look forward to more entries, & still pix & videos and such. Pretty ambitious when it comes to your blogging skills, eh? Perhaps you'll even inspire me to try my hand at blogging or tweeting or some such thing.
LOL & hope you and DH had a fab last weekend away before LO's arrival.